How Americans celebrate Easter with chocolate and candy:
- 2/3 of American parents will make Easter baskets.
- More than ½ of Americans say that chocolate bunnies/eggs are their favorite Easter treat, while 17% prefer jelly beans.
- Millennials are more likely than any other age group to be influenced by seasonal classics like chocolate eggs and bunnies.
- 95% of parents agree that it’s ok to enjoy seasonal chocolate & candy around holidays like Easter.
- 85% of parents say that individual packs and fun size packages will influence the Easter treats they purchase.
- 90% of parents discuss the importance of balance as it relates to the fun and enjoyment of chocolate & candy around holidays like Easter.
- 88% of parents take responsibility to ensure that their children’s treat intake on Easter fits into a happy, balanced lifestyle.
90% of Americans will share chocolate & candy this Easter. Here’s how their favorites stack up:
- Chocolate Eggs/Bunnies – 55%
- Candy-Coated Eggs – 15%
- Jelly Beans – 17%
- Marshmallow Candy – 9%
- Other – 4%
NCA’s Seasonal Survey was conducted in January 2018 by 210 Analytics, LLC using a self-administered, online questionnaire. The sample of 1,500 individuals mirrors the U.S. population in terms of key demographics, including age, income, ethnicity and region. The margin of error is +2.5%.